|Prof. A. Mohandas, PhD. Emeritus Professor|
|Born in Chittur-Palakkad, Kerala, India on 15th December 1943. Graduation from Kerala University, Kerala (1964); Post graduation (1966) and Ph.D.Degree (1973) from Kerala University, Kerala|
- Professor Emeritus – Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Cochin- 22, (2004 – Present).
- Professor- School of Environmental Studies, CUSAT, (1990-2004)
- Dean- Faculty of Environmental Studies, CUSAT – (1995-2004)
- Dean- Faculty of Environmental and Atmospheric Sciences- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala (2000-2002)
- Director / Head- School of Environmental Studies, CUSAT (1990-2000)
- Reader - School of Environmental Studies, CUSAT (1984-1990)
- Lecturer- Dept. of Marine Biology and Oceanography, CUSAT – (1976-84)
Teaching & Research:
|Research Experience||:||41 years (after Ph.D.program)|
|Teaching Experience||:||35 years|
|Teaching Areas||:||Envi. Toxicology, Env .Sci, Invertebrate Immunology, Env. Biology/Aquatic Biology, Env. Pollution, Biodiversity etc.|
|Research Areas||:||Env.Toxicology, Molluscan Hematology with Special reference to pollution Toxicity, Biology of Larval and Fish Trematodes, Molluscan Histopathology etc.|
|As Research guide:|
|No. Candidates taken Ph.D. Degree||:||15|
|No. of candidates registered for Ph.D.Degree||:||03|
|M. Sc. Theses evaluated||:||Several|
|M. Phil Thesis evaluated||:||Several|
|Ph. D. Thesis evaluated||:||Several|
|D. Sc Thesis evaluated||:||Three|
Member/Convener in Expert Committees (past and ongoing):
- Principal Investigator of Five funded Projects,
- Participating Institution Co-ordinator of the Project on Carrying capacity for Greater Kochi Region- Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India. (1997-2000).
- Co-ordinator and Project Manager of the MHO Project on Environmental Management and Engineering, NUFFIC, The Netherlands (1999-2002).
- Chairman/Examiner for Thesis evaluation- Ph.D., M.Phil, M.Sc. degree Examinations of several Universities.
- Member Syndicate, CUSAT- 2 terms of 2 years each as Dean of the Faculty of Envt. Studies.
- Member, Governing Body of Rajeev Gandhi Chair in Ecology and sustainable development.
- Member- Expert in the Selection Committee on Environmental Studies,and Physical Sciences, Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. India, and University Grant Commission, Govt. India, New Delhi for the award of Masters, Doctoral and Postdoctoral fellowships by various foreign countries.
- Member- Committee to examine the adverse effects of the thermal plant at Dholpur, Rajastan-Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India, New Delhi (over).
- Member- UGC Finance Committee
- Member- UGC Expert Committee-For Recognition as Deemed Universities.
- Member- National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bangalore-2000-01.
- Nominated Member by the DG, CSIR to the Research Council of the Regional Research Laboratory, Trivandrum-2001-2004 and 2004-2007 (2 terms).
- Visitor’s nominee (President of India)- Assam University-1997-2000.
- Visitor’s nominee- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), 2003-2006 (3 (plus 1) years) as subject expert.
- Visitor’s nominee-Delhi University as Expert- 2011-2014, 2014-2017.
- Visitor’s nominee -Central University, Punjab as subject Expert.
- Visitor’s nominee-Central University, Orissa as subject Expert.
- Nominated member of the Project Advisory Committee-Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment-2007-.
- Visitor’s nominee to Central University, Pondicherry as subject expert.
- Visitor’s nominee to the Courts of JNU and North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Meghalaya-2010-13.
- Visitor’s nominee to the Ex. Council of North Eastern Hill University (NEHU)- Central University, 2010-13.
- Visitor’s nominee to BBAU- Central University, Lucknow-2011-14.
- Member Expert in the UGC Team to accord sanction for autonomy in Colleges-2009.
- Expert Member in the selection of Faculty in Envt. Biology, Envt. Sci. Zoology, Life Sci. etc. at the University of Madras, MS Univ. Tirunelveli, Bharathidasan Univ. Tiruchirappally, Calicut University, University of Mumbai, Central Univ. Pondicherry, Central University of Orissa, University of Delhi, JNU, New Delhi, Central University of Punjab etc.
- Nominated Member to the Governing Body of Malabar Botanical Garden, Govt. of Kerala. 2013-.
- Chairman- Research Scholarship Extension Committee of Kerala State Committee on Science Technology and Environment, Govt. of Kerala-2012-
- Member of JRF award committee of Kerala State Council of Science and Technology-2009-.
- As Fulbright and NSF Fellow: ‘Visiting Research Scientist’- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA, 1984 – 1985, Also visited University of South Florida-Tampa, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, Mississippi etc. (Under Fulbright and NSF Fellowship program).
- Post- Doctoral Fellow (Senior) of the Commission of the European Economic Community (EEC) at Vrije Universiteit (Free University), Amsterdam, The Netherlands- May 1991 to December 1991.
- Spent two months at Scripps Institute of Oceanography in 2001, Virginia Institute of Marine Sciences (VIMS), and the University of Maryland, Center for Environmental Science, Chesapeake Biological Lab, Solomons, MD, USA in 2002.
- Fellow of Bioved Research Society (FBRS)
- Fellow of Helminthological Society of India (FHS)
- Fellow of Academy of Environmental Biology (FAEB)
Publications: (Total: 110) (solo and co-author) plus
|In Peer reviewed Journals (incomplete)||Total Impact Factor||Average Impact Factor|
Official: Professor Emeritus, National Centre for Aquatic Animal Health (NCAAH), Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Lakeside campus, Fine Arts Avenue, Cochin-16, Kerala 682 016.